Blog Challenge #19: What do you mean you're bored?

My teenagers are home for the summer so that means my house is a mess, my fridge is empty and the piles of laundry are threatening to consume us. It also means I get to hear things like, "there's nothing to do" and "I'm bored, Mom!"

Really? You're bored? Well, if you didn't stay up playing video games until 2 AM then woke at 2 PM to stare at the ceiling (which could use some dusting, just sayin') and actually did your chores on time, picked up a book, went outside (and take out the garbage while you're at it), you wouldn't be bored, son!

In the course of one day, I get more done than any of my teenagers (or husband) and I don't know if it's because I'm just a can't-sit-on-my-ass-all-day kind of person or if it's because they are! Either way, I know I've shared my workday with you before but today was all kinds of special in its ability to pack a whole lot of work in a short period of time.

Behold, my day of Thor! Or as the modern mortals refer to it: Thursday.


  • Attended three hour-long conference calls. Two which required me to actually pay attention!
  • Washed, dried and folded two loads of laundry. Actually have to move third into the dryer, don't let me forget.
  • Wrote two pitch proposals. Awesome proposals if I do say so myself.
  • Spoke with two clients over the phone and nine via emails.
  • Posted random Harry Potter Diagon Alley stuff to Facebook. Everyone needs a break, right?
  • Answered discussion board questions for Writer Digest Boot Camp for two hours.
  • Reviewed one query, synopsis and sample pages for a Brenda Novak auction winner.
  • Made revisions on a client manuscript. (Just 230 pages left to go on that one!)
  • Tested software systems for day job.
  • Cleaned up server files for day job.
All while maintaining my level of awesome. I'm sure there was more but I can't remember it all right now. Right now, I'm thinking of dinner and wherefore art thou, dinner?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Facts About Me

My Favorite Reads of 2021

I Failed the Goodreads Challenge in 2018