Ready for my close-up

Spent a good portion of the past two days watching documentaries I've had sitting in my Netflix Instant Queue for months (ok, some close to a year... don't judge me) while working on a million things at once. If you've followed this blog at all you know I can't just sit still and often have several things going on at once. Such was the case with the documentary watching. Most of it was watched on my iPad while I helped kids with their homework and housework. (Love being able to lay the iPad down beside me while folding laundry!)

The problem with watching so many documentaries back-to-back is that you start to feel like you're starring in your own documentary and find yourself providing commentary for every day tasks. "While brushing her teeth, Saritza checks her to-do list on her iPad prioritizing items before consuming her first cup of coffee." I even had background music playing from my iTunes library on my iPad.

The funny thing is I used to do things like that when I was little. I used to pretend I had a camera crew following me around recording everything I did (I blame my very religious mother who made it a point to remind me Jesus was watching everything I did and I wanted to make sure he had a good show). The running commentary was all in my head and a few times I caught myself muttering some of it -- usually while waiting for the bus or for my parents to pick me up from school. I never thought my life was boring or not important for anyone else to enjoy. I simply thought there was someone watching me and I should make sure I entertained them.

Today the running commentary would have been funny as I usually say things in my head that sound a lot like Zoe Deschanel's character, Jess singing in her New Girl show. For example while drinking my Green Machine shake this morning I kept saying things like Hulk Smash those Greens and Guh-reen Mah-sheeeennnnn! Seriously, I scare myself sometimes!

Comments

  1. YOU are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm big on imagining the soundtrack going on around me... And I'd like some background singers now and then... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Facts About Me

My Favorite Reads of 2021

I Failed the Goodreads Challenge in 2018